eccora provides a discreet and anonymous IP acquisition service to secure trade marks, domain names or other Intellectual Property assets. We use our network of trading companies on behalf of IP professionals as vehicles to use as IP applicants, or to oppose marks on the grounds on non-use.
As an alternative to opposition or cancellation proceedings or as a way to clear conflicts to a proposed trade mark and safeguard your new marketing, product or brand launch plans, we handle the entire process.
Our service includes price negotiation for acquisitions and the final onward transfer of the IP assets. You can use our IP acquisition service to obtain marks that may provide prior rights for a client’s challenged mark, thus negating opposition or cancellation proceedings.
Our end-to-end service
- Discreet approach via one of our trading entities
- Negotiate to secure the asset at the best possible price
- Transfer of funds through secure payment
- Completion of assignment documentation
The benefits of using eccora
- Reduced costs: acquire intellectual property rights for less cost than filing opposition/cancellation proceedings, litigation or UDRP claims
- Market knowledge: a combination of extensive market knowledge, skilled negotiators and anonymity all combine to prevent price-hiking
- End-to-end service: we manage the entire process from negotiation and fund transfer, and work with IP or domain professionals through the final re-assignment process
- Commercial secrecy: allows for the safeguard of marketing plans, product and brand launches.
- International coverage: we can negotiate and acquire rights globally
How do we charge?
We charge a fixed-fee for the initial approach to the registrant – this is where we determine if they are interested in selling and if so, at what price. If a potential sale is available, we then negotiate through to an agreement and transfer. Once we have secured the asset, we invoice the remaining fee plus any external charges. Once we have agreed the sale with the registrant, you will need to make payment for the asset in advance.
Our network of trading companies can also be used on behalf of IP professionals as vehicles to register new IP rights, or to oppose marks on the grounds on non-use.
We aim to work closely with our clients and provide a service that meets their needs.
Add eccora to your IP strategy – contact us to discuss your specific needs.